Saturday, October 19, 2013

Stuff and Things

I was unemployed for a little bit this year and made a world of little ceramic characters I named Unfunts.  They're still sitting on the shelf that I put them on in April because I'm looking for a place to fire or a kiln to share.  Since April I've only focused on my new job (as is typical in the early stages) with a start up company.  The hours were brutal but I've got the work down to a manageable amount now.  A couple of things occurred to me in the past year, one of which being that my interests are similar to a nerdy 12 year old boy....video games.

 Making ceramics is just as much fun so it's time to refocus my after hours into that instead.  I started on a project that is based on some rock posters I've made for various shows over the past year.  They're based a lot on silhouettes and John pointed out that I can use lighting to create shadows behind the piece to create the silhouettes.

No comments:

Post a Comment